Saturday, November 22, 2008

So what now?

Ok, now that this week is finally over, I think there are some assignments to give out. Here is a list of what I think we need created or updated based on the current version of the level. From here I would like everyone to post a comment saying what you will have finished prior to thanksgiving break. If it is already finished make sure to SS it and reply with a comment saying so. Remember that sony wants to see our level basically complete by week 9, so these things are important!

Updates:
-More poses on the characters(kids standing, goblin poses, kids pulling patty wagon?)
-Tower retextured to current standards
-Tower ladder re-proportioned(See image A)
-Half dead tree Transitioned in a better way between the 2 textures(more shaped and less noisy)
-Turbine more free-realmsy
-Waterwheel with more variation
-Cannon Retextured to current standards
-Metal textures re-thought
-2 more leaf clumps on the final giant tree
-Statue base retextured to current standards

New:
-brick tileable texture
-concrete tileable texture(with some slight detail)
-gingerbread tileable texture(rosy said more porous?)
-icing tileable texture(simple noise, nothing too elaborate)
-Icing meshes -- I am working on this
-Icing alphas -- I will do this once i get the texture
-War room furnace texture
-War room table -- I will post the final heightmap soon
-Turbine texture
-Water wheel texture
-Railing statics(for the balcony/stairs)
-Gingerbread Tiles -- I will do this once i get the texture
-Tool Shed and Tools
-Rubble Texture
-Half-dead leaf particles
-Half-dead leaf piles -- I am working on this
-Flower particles
-Smoke particles
-Fire particles
-River mesh -- I am working on this
-Waterfall mist particles
-River sludge particles(bubbles?)
-Node 3 powerpoint presentation
-Half dead sapling -- I am working on this


If there is anything I missed let me know.

Image A

6 comments:

Colin Callahan said...

Also when you upload statics please do not just upload an ASE, put all the source files whether max or maya on there. Thanks, will help with importing.

Team member said...

i'm working on having the textures for the war room finished as well as a gazebo modeled and textured. I will also jank up the water wheel and the turbine some.
-Lawrence

is there going to be a texture made for the water wheel and the turbine? I've heard yes but i haven't seen any progress. . .is that something that i should get on? let me know asap.

Colin Callahan said...

I don't think anyone has been assigned to the water wheel and turbine texture yet. But they don't need to be too elaborate so don't spend too much time on em.

Team member said...

well when it was decided that erich was doing textures i thought that meant that he was doing the textures. my bad.
l.d.

Colin Callahan said...

Erich makes the base tileables for the textures then its up to the asset creator to add the details.

John Bingham said...

Thats right, I just spoke with Eric and he has assured me that all of the sample textures for everyone will be done by this Thurs. (thanksgiving) those will be posted on this blog and on sugar sync. Again so there is no confusion, if you built it, you unwrap and texture it,using the the sample textures Eric is creating.

-John