Sunday, August 31, 2008

Candy Baron


finished with the baron, comments?
-enjoy!

6 comments:

Rich said...

I can tell he's wearing a suit/tux because of the tails. How do you plan and showing it's a suit/tux in the front regarding his chin/beard covering the collar?

Team member said...

rich,
i was going to paint on the buttons and seam up the middle of the front. also the bottom of the front, one side is longer than the other to indicate that its buttoned together.
-lawrence

Rich said...

Right on, I can see that. The only thing I could comment on is the poly count on the belly, hard edges there are getting my attention. If this statue is to be larger than the player, maybe twice the player size, the Baron could get just a couple more polys there to smooth it out. Looks good to me.

John Bingham said...

I think the tux reads well from the silhouette (from most angles) since he is all going to be the same bronze texture, I think the buttons and lapels should be modeled if we are going to sell the idea that hes wearing a suit. I know the beard covers most of his chest so I would start the lapels from just above the middle of his belly, with 2 large buttons below that. we can afford the polys as long as it helps to sell this idea.

-John

John Bingham said...

oh, also pockets on the side. if you model the flaps covering the pockets on each side, I think that will help.

Team member said...

i agree totally john. i will add that in tonight.