Friday, August 1, 2008

Notes from Sony & More

Here are the notes I took down from our presentation on Weds...

Use a rust color for the sickly area that can serve a dual purpose (trees,vines,industrial stuff).
Two Color Pallets (One Warm/Happy other Polluted).
Concept more vines.
Make sure that we don't desaturate color to make things look polluted/sickly.
Possibly shrink down map size.
Big thick vines.
If the statue is going to be a small oasis, or anything really, it should be involved in the quest chain.

That's what I scribbled down. I also feel we felt them feeling fairly confused on a lot of things, such as scale and overall flow of the map. I've started working on some possible solutions to those which I'll go over at the start of next week (in Irvine tonight/tomorrow so I will miss the meeting).

As a side note I've started working on our lighting models for the three areas of our map (clean, mildly polluted, heavy pollution) as well as some other textures and whatnot to represent ground fog, etc. These will be shared on Weds. or if you feel like checking progress on the fly you can use our hosting site and grab them directly out of my working folder on my home computer as I update them locally.

-Mark

No comments: