ANYONE have ANY ideas about size, shape, race, technology, weapon, clothing - anything so i can run in that direction. Right now i'm kinda driving blind and not much is working as far as i can see.
-- also John can you post up the tower concepts so i can fit the minion design into the style of the tower.
here is a page of sketches. some of the lower ones have potential - but i'm not ready to jump into a solid design until i can get some feedback.
4 comments:
Lawrence,
Rich here, The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of these minions is the move Labyrinth with David Bowie, specifically the Goblin Army. Here is a link to flickr with a bunch of screens from the movie
http://flickr.com/search/?q=Labyrinth%3A%20Goblin%20army&w=all&s=int
Regarding your sketchs, I like the guy on the bottom row, in the center, just under the dude with the staff. He looks intimidating but still needs to be tucked in at night.
I agree with Richard, that one is also my favorite. I feel like the proportion of the head should be exaggerated to be a bit larger to really accentuate the gas mask. Look at the character they gave us named rakshasa, he's the blue wolf lookin dude. I think somewhere around that proportionally might work well.
Rich again,
I just realized that it had cut off half the link I put in. Let try this again.
http://www.flickr.com/search/
?q=labyrinth%3A%20goblin%20army&w=all
&s=int
I do like the Labyrinth idea that Rich has suggested. I posted a drawing of one I had in mind. sorta Marvin the Martin looking, but its really up to you. I would suggest having them small, it will make the candy troll more menacing. that and if their main priority is to capture children than they dont really need to be big and tough.
Post a Comment